365 Films - 26.
- Film: Letters to Juliet.
- Year: 2010.
- Director: Gary Winick.
- Starring: Amanda Seyfried, Chris Egan, Vanessa Redgrave, Franco Nero, Gael Garcia Bernal, Luisa Ranieri, Marina Massironi, Lydia Biondi, Milena Vukotic, Stefano Guerrini, Daniel Baldock, Ashley Lilley, Oliver Platt.
- Sophie [Letter]: “I didn’t go to him, Juliet. I didn’t go to Lorenzo. His eyes were so full of trust I promised I’d meet him and run away together because my parents don’t approve. But, instead, I left him waiting for me below our tree, waiting and wondering where I was. I’m in Verona now. I return to London in the morning and I am so afraid. Please, Juliet tell me what I should do. My heart is breaking and I have no one else to turn to. Love, Claire.”
- Claire [Letter]: “Dear Claire, ”What” and ”If” are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side by side, and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if? What if? What if? I don’t know how you story ended bur if what you felt then was true love, then it’s never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn’t it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don’t know what a love like Juliet’s feels like, love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I’d like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn’t, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet.”
- Sophie: “I think it’s a story worth telling.”
- Charlie: “Listen, listen to me very carefully. I live in London, a gorgeous, vibrant, historic city that I happen to love living in. You live in New York, which is highly overrated.. But since the Atlantic Ocean is a bit wide to cross everyday, swimming, boating or flying, I suggest we flip for it. And if those terms are unacceptable, leaving London will be a pleasure, as long as you’re waiting for me on the other side. ‘Cause the truth is: I’m madly, deeply, truly, passionately in love with you.”
- Sophie: “Can you move?” Charlie: “Only my lips.”
- Claire: “I think you understand why I’m saying you’re a total idiot.” Charlie: Ok, ok, gran. Don’t sugarcoat it.” Claire: “I won’t.”
- Charlie: “Patricia is my cousin.” Sophie: “How is that legal? ”
Tagged as: #365 Films #365films #Letters to Juliet #Gary Winick #Amanda Seyfried #Sophie Hall #Chris Egan #Vanessa Redgrave #Charlie Wyman #Claire Smith-Wyman #Franco Nero #Lorezo Bartolini #Gael Garcia Bernal #Victor #Luisa Ranieri #Isabella #Marina Massironi #Lydia Biondi #Milena Vukotic #Stefano Guerrini #Daniel Baldock #Ahsley Lilley #Francesca #Donatella #Maria #Lorenzo III #Lorenzo Jr. #Patricia #Magazine Editor #Oliver Platt